
Today is McKay's one year NICU graduate day! I can remember only a few days into our NICU stay recieving a blanket from someone. The blanket had a little note that said "We are thinking of you" From the family of Mathew, one year NICU graduate. I can remember thinking that was very sweet, but I really didn't understand the magnitude of being a NICU graduate.
Until you have gone through it, you won't know. I would never ever wish the NICU and a sick baby upon anyone. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
We had a little dinner last night with Kyle's parents to celebrate one year. Afterward we had a family home evening where we wrote what blessings we were "Lucky to have" on shamrocks. I wrote how lucky I was to have my family. McKay wrote how lucky he was to not be in the hospital!

We love you sweet Wayster McKayster. I am so glad that you are a one year graduate! We love you!
4 comments:
What a cutie, we are so glad he is doing ok and is such a fighter. The whole family always asks about him and I never know the whole update, you should call grandma and grandpa and aunt and uncles to update them, they love to hear how he is doing.
McKay and your entire family are very strong! Blessings are being poured upon your family Valerie! McKay is an angel!
He has made so much progress! It's so easy to see it now, but it was so difficult a year ago! We love you so much, McKay!
Keep fighting McKay! We're still praying for you and the family. :)
Post a Comment