So it has been a rough month. I put this post on not to get everyone's sympathy. But I post it that in hopes I will forget how awful this month was and that someday things will not be like this.
Last week I noticed McKay coughing again. I wasn't sure if it was still just lingering coughs from before or something new. He had almost been 100 percent healthy so I was surprised when the cough appeared. By Saturday the chest retractions started again. We were able to get into the suction clinic to get him suctioned and check his oxygen. By Sunday he wasn't looking good, chest retractions were getting worse, he wasn't acting himself and he wasn't drinking any milk.
I took him in first thing Monday morning and our Peditrcian sent us to the hospital to get chest x rays and to get some labs done. The verdict came back as RSV (Again! Most likely a different strain) and Pneumonia. Luckily we caught it just in time and we did not have to be admitted to the hospital. Much longer and he probably would have had to been admitted. So we started going back to the hospital twice a day for the suction clinic and to check his oxygen levels.
I have hit a new record even for us. In 2 1/2 weeks we visited our pediatrician over 8 times. It is probably partly my own doing... My mom asked me the end of February if I had any Doctor appointment's she needed to help with. I happily told her we only had the nurses appointment to get McKay's last synagais shot. Well obviously it went downhill from there.
I am happy to report McKay is doing quite a bit better now. He still isn't 100 percent and we are still going to the hospital once a day right now.
I am glad we have avoided being admitted to the hospital but all the driving and getting babysitters to go twice a day is a major pain.
I am even more upset that we made it almost all winter with out McKay getting really sick and we get sick twice in one month. I am frustrated that ALL of my hard work with staying inside, hibernating, and the excessive amount of cleaning and laundry didn't help much.
But oh well. It gives me a little insight on when I need to be more cautious for next year. Yes, next year.... Our doctor said he is going to need to be quarantined next winter as well. I would be lying if I said this news didn't bring me to tears a little.
I really am not trying to get everyone to say "Poor Kyle and Valerie". I just need to vent a little, and show some frustration somehow. I am VERY happy that McKay is okay, that it was nothing really really major and that he is getting back to his normal happy self.
Last week I noticed McKay coughing again. I wasn't sure if it was still just lingering coughs from before or something new. He had almost been 100 percent healthy so I was surprised when the cough appeared. By Saturday the chest retractions started again. We were able to get into the suction clinic to get him suctioned and check his oxygen. By Sunday he wasn't looking good, chest retractions were getting worse, he wasn't acting himself and he wasn't drinking any milk.
I took him in first thing Monday morning and our Peditrcian sent us to the hospital to get chest x rays and to get some labs done. The verdict came back as RSV (Again! Most likely a different strain) and Pneumonia. Luckily we caught it just in time and we did not have to be admitted to the hospital. Much longer and he probably would have had to been admitted. So we started going back to the hospital twice a day for the suction clinic and to check his oxygen levels.
I have hit a new record even for us. In 2 1/2 weeks we visited our pediatrician over 8 times. It is probably partly my own doing... My mom asked me the end of February if I had any Doctor appointment's she needed to help with. I happily told her we only had the nurses appointment to get McKay's last synagais shot. Well obviously it went downhill from there.
I am happy to report McKay is doing quite a bit better now. He still isn't 100 percent and we are still going to the hospital once a day right now.
I am glad we have avoided being admitted to the hospital but all the driving and getting babysitters to go twice a day is a major pain.
I am even more upset that we made it almost all winter with out McKay getting really sick and we get sick twice in one month. I am frustrated that ALL of my hard work with staying inside, hibernating, and the excessive amount of cleaning and laundry didn't help much.
But oh well. It gives me a little insight on when I need to be more cautious for next year. Yes, next year.... Our doctor said he is going to need to be quarantined next winter as well. I would be lying if I said this news didn't bring me to tears a little.
I really am not trying to get everyone to say "Poor Kyle and Valerie". I just need to vent a little, and show some frustration somehow. I am VERY happy that McKay is okay, that it was nothing really really major and that he is getting back to his normal happy self.
5 comments:
I'm pretty sure that picture of McKay says it all. It's like he is thinking, "Geesh! Enough already!"
Hang in there.
Venting is good, I'm here if you need to vent. McKay is an inspiration to all of us and I'm so glad he is hanging in there and part of our family. Your family is so strong!
(((HUGS))) Go ahead and vent. Love you guys.
You are amazing. Serious. No question that you have won the mom of the year award and it's not even April. Let me know if we can help with brinn or carson. I promise I won't bruise your kids again.
What a gorgeous picture of a gorgeous baby. This too shall pass . . . Sometimes that's not a lot of consolation, but it is the truth. We're here to help whenever you need us. We love you!
Post a Comment