Friday, March 18, 2011

Leprechauns and gold coins

Happy St. Patricks day! I am not a huge St. Patrick's day celebrator. But I do love holidays and I wanted to try to make it a little extra special for the kids.
We had a leperchaun visit our house early on St. Patricks day morning. He got out the potatoe heads and played with them and left some gold coins. He also made a mess in the living room and kitchen and put the shoes all over the place.


I thought the kids would be excited about the Leprechaun but they were over the top excited. I waited at the top of the stairs while they went down so I could get a full reaction. Carson followed the footsteps all around. Brynnley was so excited and started grabbing as many chocolate coins and she could get. Carson noticed every single thing the Leprechaun messed up in the room. They even called the Grandma's to tell them all about the Leprechaun that came to visit.We had green pancakes for breakfast with green grapes too. Of course Carson didn't want the pancakes becasue they were green.Brynnley and I made some rainbow cupcakes while Carson was playing at a friends house. They didn't turn out near as nice as the ones I was recreating. But they still looked cool and the kids loved them. Brynnley loves any excuse to make frosting too!

2 comments:

Lisa Riddle said...

How cute! I mentioned to someone that the leprechaun was coming to our house and they looked at me like I was crazy. Glad I'm not the only one that has heard of it.

Gayle J. Randall said...

I love "the leprechaun!" Thanks for inviting him to your house! What great ideas! I could hear how excited the children were when Brynnley called me! Ah, what memories, what memories . . . You're making great ones. (I do seem to remember making a green pancake or two in my day, too.)