My mom always has something positive to say. She always has amazing words of encouragement. She is always asking where she can help. When she comes up to help with the kids she always ask what exercises she can do to help McKay with. She is an amazing example of living the gospel in her life. Her life centers around being christlike and helping those in need. She has served 2 missions and is preparing for a third. She wants to help as many people see the light of the gospel as possible. She is a wonderful Grandma. The kids LOVE to go to Grandma's house. They have special things they like to do just at Grandma Randall's house. She always has helpful ideas for being a mother or helpful ideas for just every day living. She is always willing to help me with a project no matter how big or how small. 

Photo from when Carson was only 2 weeks old July 2005
I truly was blessed to marry into the Ford family, I was also blessed to have such an amazing Mother in law. When we were in the NICU with McKay I was talking to one of the nurses who took care of McKay and she asked who Kelli was because she had been in to visit McKay a lot. I told her she was my mother in law and she remarked how lucky I was that I had such an amazing mother in law and that I had such a great relationship with her. I truly have learned countless things from Kelli. She is such an example of Love. Love just radiates from her. She has such a love for her family and will drop ANYTHING to help anyone in her family. She has an amazing love for her Grandchildren. They adore her and their eyes light up whenever they see her. She has been an amazing help to me and a great source of comfort during the last year. I hope my kids adore me someday, like her kids adore her.
Picture from Kelli Ford's 50th birthday party.
My sister Tresa is one of the most amazing Mother's I know. I constantly want to strive to be the kind of mother she is. She is that perfect mom we are all envious of. She has fun projects for her kids to do. She makes amazing crafts for her house and she made them all at bargain prices. And ever time I go to her house she has something amazing she is cooking. Immediately when I see her blog I always want to copy her fabulous ideas and am left wondering "why didn't I think of that?" She has been there for me when I have called to vent about McKay and why it isn't fair. She has been there when I call out of frustration and she always has amazing words to uplift me and keep me going.
Christmas picture 2010, Tresa is on the far right
I am so grateful to have these mothers and others in my life. I feel that being a mother is a major learning process. I feel that I can be a better mother by learning from the experiences of others. I know I am not a perfect mother and daily I wish I was a better mother. I am pretty sure I will feel that way the rest of my life. But I am grateful to have these women in my life. They show me examples of motherhood and how to be the best mother that I can be.
2 comments:
I am speechless. Your post brought tears to my eyes. How can I thank you for such beautiful words of gratitude! I've told you before, it's one of the qualities I admire most about you--you are a person with "an attitude of gratitude." President Monson would be so pleased. I love you, Valerie!
Gosh Valerie, I wasn't planning on crying this morning! Thanks for your kind words.
I wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself. You are a terrific mother - really. You are dealing with things that most mother's don't have to and you are doing it so well and with such grace.
We all just do the best we can and try not to mess up our kids too much!
Post a Comment