Monday, December 19, 2011

Brynn's first Dance recital

 I have dreamed of watching my little girl get up and perform on the stage for her first dance recital. I am pretty sure I will always be a dancer at heart. If Brynn doesn't want to be a dancer, I am totally okay with that. I am a firm believer you shouldn't push kids into things they don't want to do. But I am happy knowing, that if she decided she didn't want to do dance anymore at least I got to see one fabulous recital.
Brynn was so excited for her recital. She would ask every day if today was the day she got to go to her recital.
We borrowed some curlers from Grandma Ford and made sure it was extra curly for her performance. I can still remember standing in my Mom's bathroom with her doing my hair for ballet. I think Brynn looked adorable, and I loved her cute elf costume.
We got to the school where here performance was and everyone got seats while I took her back to the dressing room. It was a little chaotic in the dressing room, and super loud and I could tell Brynn was a little overwhelmed. Then she saw one of the dancers dressed like Santa Clause and got super scared. (She is not a fan of the jolly man in person). I sat with her for a while but she never left my side. Pretty soon she started crying. She was first to perform so I walked her to the stage all the while she was crying and saying she didn't want to go out. I knew she would be so disappointed after if she didn't dance, and she had been talking all about it for weeks.
Luckily she has a fabulous teacher and she took her to her spot and got her calmed down. I quickly went to my seat, hoping she wouldn't notice I had slipped out.
I am happy to say she danced her heart out and smiled the whole time!
 She told me when I picked her up after the performance she had so much fun dancing and taking a "bowen" what she called a bow.
She was beyond thrilled to get flowers. A true girl. She got some flowers and a tangled balloon from Grandma and Grandpa and some flowers from Mommy and Daddy. She carried her flowers around everywhere she went and didn't want to leave them in the car when we went to dinner.
She did so well and I loved watching her perform up on stage, she looked so adorable.

Here is the video for Grandma Randall and Grandpa Randall who missed her first dance recital




2 comments:

Lyns said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! I love her little costume! Such a beauty and I've loved catching up on your blog.

Gayle J. Randall said...

I saw some nicely pointed toes! What a little darling! Such a fun recital! I'm so glad she was brave and went through with it!