Monday, December 19, 2011

Letters to Santa

 My kids got the "Big toys R Us" toy book in November and started circling right away. Luckily we had two so they each had their own. Over half of the books were circled, so we had a discussion about asking for just what we really wanted. So I let them circle and cross out for a few weeks before we wrote our letters to Santa.
Here are our letters...
 I was so proud of Carson writing his own, as you can tell we are working on the handwriting...
 After we wrote our letters we addressed our letter, put our stamp on and the kids ran it out to the mailbox.
No one was more surprised than me when we got this return letter from Santa a few days later.
Not from me, our sweet mail lady did it. Can you believe it? I was so shocked. The return address even had the North Pole and a reindeer stamp. It meant so much to me, it was a small gesture by someone, but I have never ever seen someone do this. I'm a little sad we moved from such a fabulous mail lady...

4 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a sweet person your mail lady is! There are some very good people in the world today! You are blessed with many in your life. We love those little ones and their letters to Santa!

Heidi said...

So cute! My kids wanted to put theirs out, but I didn't let them. Now I wish I had. I've always been a fan of her, but now she's a rockstar!

Cami said...

Are you serious? That is so awesome, maybe i should hurry and let my kids put it out!

Cami said...

Are you serious? That is so awesome, maybe i should hurry and let my kids put it out!