Thursday, December 29, 2011

McKay is a calendar model!

A few months ago the Network for Mckay's syndrome announced they were going to be putting a fundraiser together for the network. They wanted to compile a calendar for people to buy as a way to donate to the network. I would be lying if I ddin't say how wonderful this network of people has been. Becasue the syndrome is so new and rare Doctor's don't know a lot aobut it. Especially in Utah, there are no other kids in Utah with the syndrome McKay has. The closest I have found is California. So I rely heavily on the people in this network to help with quetions and when I need anwsers to medical quetions.
If you would like to buy one of the calendars here is the link, McKay has a large picture in July.

If you would like to donate to directly to the network you can do that as well, here is the link to do that.  Your money would go towards this "OUR GOAL is to establish a disease registry to collect data about those affected by M-CM so that we can greatly expand the scope of what is known about this syndrome."

I appreciate all of those that are always asking about McKay, asking how he is doing, and how he is developing. I will be posting an update soon, it's just has a lot of info, so I have been putting it off. Thanks!

1 comment:

T Fowler said...

What a cute picture of McKay!