Our Thanksgiving was wonderful! It didn't go quite as planned but it was still wonderful. My sister called me the night before and said all of her kids were sick. So I picked up the food she was suppose to take and dropped off some that I was taking for her family. I felt so bad for her and her family, but I think they were able to scrape together a decent Thanksgiving. I spent all day Wednesday baking and cooking. I loved every minute of it!
We went Thanksgiving morning after Kyle played in his yearly Turkey Bowl (I am happy to report he didn't break anything this year, but his hand did get stepped on by someone in cleats. Ouch!) The kids played and we got the rest of the food ready.
The food was all super yummy! I love Thanksgiving. I love the good food, I love being able to spend time with family, and I love having a day to think of all the things you are Thankful for!
That night we changed modes and started to get ready for Christmas. My parents left the Monday after Thanksgiving for their mission so we combined two holidays into one weekend. My mom had bought these cute ornaments for the kids to paint that night, they loved them. We also got up a small Christmas tree to put the presents under.
The next morning we opened stockings and had a nice big Christmas morning breakfast with Quiche, cinnamon rolls, and fruit. After breakfast we opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa. The kids LOVED their presents. Carson got a Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for the Wii, Brynn got a Princess camera that she is OBSESSED with, McKay got a sound shape sorter and a train. We spent the rest of the day playing with toys, eating yummy food, and visiting. (Kyle and Dave also took an adventurous 4 wheeler ride, they almost got lost....)
It was wonderful weekend. We all missed my sister's family and it wasn't quite the same with out them. My kids missed having their cousins to play with as well. It was a great holiday!




No comments:
Post a Comment