We were originally going to go on the Polar Express this year with my family. But since my parents left early on their mission we kind of scrapped the idea. The Ford's thought it would be a good idea for the family to go this year. We have been once before but the kids were pretty young. So I was anxious to try it again once they were older. The Ford's were nice enough to treat us all. Kyle's sister Heather was super sick so she was not able to come, so Kelli offered the ticket to us to give to Cohen, Carson's best friend. The boys had a blast!
Brynnley and I sat together for most of the ride, she was a little scared at first of what was going on. I loved having some time to spend with her. McKay was not able to come since he can not come out in public, so we had to leave him home. I think it would have been a little much for him anyways, but we still really missed him.
During the ride we all enjoyed some yummy chocolate chip cookies and some hot chocolate in fancy Polar Express mugs. My kids are not huge hot chocolate fans, so Kyle and I tried to down 4 cups of hot cocoa. We also were able to "enjoy" some high school choirs that came through to sing carols. We got "up" to the North Pole and the kids were so excited to see Santa and the pretty trees covered in lights. Santa came onto our car first, but it took him a little while to get back to us. I was surprised to see Carson run right up to him when it was his turn. Cohen and Carson went together, Santa asked what they wanted and they both said "Pokemon."
Brynn did not want to see Santa or talk to him. She looked at him from a distance and took the gift he gave her of a Christmas bell.
We had a lot of fun with the family and it was a great time. On the way back we sang carols on the train car. The boys were really getting into all the songs, loved it!
After the train ride we went into town to grab some dinner. We went to the Dairy Keen. The kids loved looking at all the trains and the good food. They had to get a picture on the train on the way out.
We had a blast, and I am so grateful to the Ford's for taking us. I am so glad Cohen could some with us too, the boys had a blast together and I loved seeing them so happy. You truly can see the magic of Christmas through kids eyes.

1 comment:
Such cute pictures! Thanks again for inviting Cohen, he had a blast. Im so glad they are such good little buddies!
Post a Comment