Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The day I have been waiting for since the girl ultrasound...

I can still remember the ultrasound we had for Brynnley. I of course just wanted a healthy baby. I saw the pro's to having another boy, and I saw the pro's to having a girl. But i was so excited when the Ultrasound tech said "It's a girl." Immediately my head was filled with pink, ballet slippers, and all the girly stuff. I have been waiting until Brynn was old enough to take her to the Nutcracker.
I can still remember the first time I went to the Nutcracker. I remember going with my mom and we sat in the balcony. I don't remember much other than the dance with Madam Ginger and the Mademoiselles. I remember telling my mom specifically i wanted to do that some day. (I was lucky enough to do that exact thing a few years later.)
Brynn was so excited to go to the "Cracker" ballet, she would tell everyone she was going to the "Cracker" ballet. She got to wear her new Christmas outfit to go too. She loved the first half and was fascinated with it all. My favorite was when the Mouse king died and the whole theater was silent and Brynn yells out "What's happening..." she also loved the snow queen and kept saying how beautiful she was. She liked the 2nd half but started to get a little bored in the end. She told me she loved it and wants to go again next year. I had so much fun going with her and we were really glad Grandma Ford could come (and provide Brynn with some boredom snacks). We were walking out to the car and Kelli asked her if she wanted to do that some day, and she said "yes, but I want to be the pretty girl who sits up on there with the crown and watches." That's Clara the lead of the ballet... at least she has a good dream!
(Please disregard the picture of me, we moved all morning and I was going on about 5 hours of sleep, changed into nice clothes even though i was sweaty and this is what I got. I was not looking my best.)

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Oh, so much fun! How I wish I had been there! Can't wait to go another year with the two of you.