Monday, December 19, 2011

O Christmas Tree

 We had to wait longer than usual to get our Christmas tree because Kyle was gone to Ohio for a week on business right after Thanksgiving. The kids were super anxious to go pick it out and get it decorated. We went with a smaller tree, because we were pretty sure we would only have it for a couple of weeks because of the move. The kids were super excited about putting the ornaments on, we couldn't get them unwrapped fast enough.
I love pulling out the ornaments and seeing all of the fun memories. Both Kyle's and my Mom got an ornament for every year. Each funky and old ornament brings back a flood of memories. Kyle always puts my ugliest 2nd grade homemade, with perm hair picture ornament on the top front. It is so ugly, but makes us laugh every year.
There was of course fighting about the star, so Kyle held both kids up to do it together.
We were just going to take the tree down at our house and not worry about moving it to the Ford's. But I was taking the ornaments off and putting them away and Brynn asked what I was doing. I told her I was taking the tree down. She was so sad and said " But Santa will be so sad..." So we packed the ornaments, and hauled the tree to the Fords and redecorated it again. What is better than putting the ornaments on twice?

No comments: