Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Now I can therapy-Week two


So I wish I could say week two went as well as week one, but it didn't. I think the newness had worn off for Mckay and he didn't want to cooperate very much. He seemed extra tired and not willing to do what the therapists wanted him to do. They also had to cancel one of our days. One of the therapists had a medical emergency and they couldn't find a replacement. It was really nice having a nice normal day. I was able to take Brynn to gymnastics, catch up on laundry, and clean the house. However I think it threw McKay off. He was so happy to have a day off, but he never got back in a good rhythm for the rest of the week.
They continued to work on standing, tall kneeling, sitting up straight and walking during the week..
This is McKay in his Neuro suit. He wears this suit for about an hour and they work on various things while he is in it. McKay does not love it. It puts resistance on all of his muscles so you have to work extra hard. They have to be careful to leave him in it just the right amount of time. Kids with low tone can not wear it past the allotted time. Their heart rate can rise and it can cause various problems.
This is one of McKay's therapist named Sergio. Before we went to Now I can we had heard Sergio was a magical therapist. I will vouch for that. I don't know what he does, but he works amazing things! McKay is definitely most productive when working with Sergio. My favorite is when McKay tells Sergio "no, no" and Sergio tells him "yes, yes McKay" in a thick Spanish accent. He is a really good therapist!
I am hopeful for a good last week. I know McKay and I are for sure wearing down. I hope the last week is the best yet!

The video is a little blurry. It was shot from my I phone, and it was again through the window. With me still crouching below the window so Mckay didn't see me.

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

I loved the video again even though I had seen it before. I hope Sergio knows how much we appreciate his gifts and talents. McKay is working so hard at something that is so difficult for him. He is a hero! I wish I worked that hard all the time! We love you both for your heroic work!