We left Friday after McKay's nap and headed up. We made a quick stop at Aunt Heather's to pick up Carson and Brynn. They had spent the day up there while we were at therapy. (They both had their first experience roller skating. Wish I could have seen that, I am sure it was hilarious!)
We got up to Logan a little before our friends so we took some time to drive around. I have not been back to Logan since we left about 8 years ago! Crazy I know! So I was so excited to drive around and see all of the places that held these great memories. Kyle is up there a lot with work, so it wasn't as exciting for him.
Our first stop was our first condo. We bought it right after we got married and it was the first place we lived after we were married. It holds such great memories. It is also the place we brought Harrison home to. We have great memories of him playing in the backyard chasing the ducks from the pond that was behind us. I was shocked that I still could remember our address exactly, that is pretty amazing considering how horrible my memory is!
After we drove by our first house we drove up to our old apartments and the very spot where we met. I will admit it brought back a flood of wonderful memories. This was the place Kyle and I met and fell in love. Such good memories. Somehow life was so much simpler then!
We then drove up to campus and drove around the campus a little bit. I was so excited to show the kids, they were moderately interested.
We then headed to our hotel to check in. The kids of course went nuts as soon as we got there and were jumping on the beds! Everything in the hotel room was new and exciting for them.
We headed out to dinner and to meet our friends. We went to a little diner in town because everything else was so busy. We had a quick dinner and then we all headed back to put our babies down to sleep. Kyle stayed with McKay while he fell asleep and I took Brynn and Carson to the pool. My room mate Courtney and her oldest son met us there. It was so much fun to see the kids having a blast and to have a few minutes to chat with Courtney.
The next morning we woke up early (McKay woke up at about 6 and I had to try and keep him quiet while everyone else slept). Once everyone was awake we headed down to get breakfast. The kids of course loved the fact that they had pancakes and mini yogurts. How can life get any better?!Afterwards the men (Kyle and my roomies hubby Brady) left to go golfing. The rest of us hit the pool again and swam for a few hours. McKay actually really enjoyed the pool this time. Normally he likes to just sit on the stairs and throw the rings but he actually wanted to get in the pool this time.
We headed back to get cleaned up and for us to get checked out of the hotel. We didn't have to check out until noon so we swam as long as we could and had time to get ready.We met up with the guys for lunch and headed to one of my favorite Logan restaurants, Firehouse pizza. Yum! It was so good and just as tasty as I remember.
Our plan was to hit the pumpkin walk, but found out it was closed and it was pretty cold and rainy outside. We were also going to go get Aggie Ice cream, but McKay was approaching a melt down quickly. We hurry and ran to an Aggie apparel store in downtown Logan to pick up a few Utah State things. Kyle got some shorts, I got shirt, Carson got a shirt, and Brynn got a stuffed teddy bear. McKay had his meltdown while we were in the store so we decided to go ahead and head home so he could sleep on the way home.
We had so much fun! It was so great to go back to Logan and reminisce about all of our memories up there. It was SO great to be able to see one of my bestie's Courtney. It was like no time had passed and we picked up right where we left off. It was so fun seeing her, and just catching up. The kids also had a blast all playing together, I think it will be the first of many family vacay's together.
It was a great weekend and a perfect fall break!
1 comment:
Yay! What fun!
Post a Comment