Monday, October 1, 2012

A trip to the canyon

I love going up to the canyon. It is so beautiful and peaceful and a nice break from the very business of our lives. We took a nice Monday night and packed the kids and some food and headed up to American Fork Canyon. Grandpa Hubbard was able to come with us as well. The kids loved climbing down to the river and throwing rocks. Carson is into trying to find skipping rocks and Brynn will throw just about whatever she can.

We had some KFC for dinner and cookies for dessert. Brynn also had some cheeto's... can you tell?
We also went over to the bridge and threw rocks off of there. We were even able to lift McKay's stroller up so he could throw through rocks over the bridge. He loved it and would say "whoa" every time he threw something.
Love of my life, he's a cute one and I think I'll keep him.

It was a beautiful night and the kids loved it. We were hoping to see a few more colors but they hadn't changed down below. Just another excuse to head up to the canyon in a few weeks!
This is Carson's writer's workshop paper from school the day we went to the canyon. Minus the spelling errors I love it all! Not sure who the guy with spikey hair is, but he looks awesome.

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Makes me homesick! Such fun times and such a beautiful place to be with family! I love Carson's drawing and the way he has sounded out the words to spell them.