Thursday, March 14, 2013

I love 'em


McKay has kind of his the special needs terribly two's. He is into more things (he still isn't into as many things as a toddler would be) but he has started to make a few more messes. He is REALLY frustrated with the lack of communication and his ability to tell us what he wants. I know it will only get worse, but it has been more of a challenge lately. He has been very happy because there were two new Bubble Guppies this week, trust me a cause to celebrate! He is NOT loving therapy of any kind, all of it is a battle and ends in tears (sometimes from both of us) But even with the hard times I love him and his infectious laugh.
Brynn discovered that Kyle could help her do some cheerleader moves. She is constantly asking Kyle if he will lift her up and let her go "upside down". She also is working on perfecting her cartwheels and getting her legs straight. I even tried my hand at a cartwheel to show her, let's just say it's been a long time. Right now Brynn and I battle daily over clothes. She wants to wear a dress or skirt EVERY single day. I think we have finally come to the agreement of doing a dress, then a skirt, then pants. Luckily summer is coming and I stalked up on "play" dresses. Brynn has also started bringing home take home reading books and she LOVES it, she gets so excited to read.
Carson right now is obsessed with music. He is constantly asking for the I pod or my phone just so he can listen to music. He is mainly listening to his favorite... Justin Bieber. Carson's favorite thing to do right now is play with friends. He asks every single day if he can play with a friend. Luckily he has quite a few friends that live really close to us that he can play with pretty often. We still make an effort to make sure he can play with his best friend Cohen as well.  Lately I have been struck by how old Carson is getting. When I was editing our blog book I found myself almost in tears because my kids are growing up too fast.

Our dog child Harrison is getting old. I mean really old. He turns 10 this year. His whole head is practically white now. You can tell he is getting slower, but still has a lot of pep in him. We will be devastated when it is his time to go. He is literally the best dog ever!

Oh, I kind of love the guy with Harrison too. He is pretty cute, and I kind of love 'em!

No comments: