Thursday, March 14, 2013

The weary traveler

So during the last month and a half Kyle has been traveling a lot more. I say this lightly, becasue even with "more" travel it still is not that much, once a week for a night or two. I say it "lightly" becasue we know some other families who the Dad is always traveling. It's never fun to have him gone, but I think the kids have noticed the most that he has been traveling more. Brynn even asked "When (in a super dramatic voice) is Dad going to stop going on trips?"  With his most recent trip the kids wanted to suprise him when he got home. So Brynn requested we make choclate chip cookies to suprise him with. Then the plan was to hide in our bedroom by the bed and yell suprise. The kids were so excited about it. They were so excited that I was even able to convince them to clean the family room before they hid, yeah! Carson also drew the above picture for Kyle and taped it to our door.
They hid in our bedroom and jumped out and yelled suprise and gave him the cookies. They loved it and Kyle loved it.
Kyle has been working so incredibly hard for our family. I know all of this travel has been to make things even better for our family. He works so hard to provide for our family and I hope he knows how much we appreciate it. But we do still miss him when he is gone!

No comments: