Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First Tooth Fairy visit


 So we have anxiously been waiting for a few years now for the tooth fairy to make her first visit. All of Carson's friends started loosing their teeth at least a couple of years ago. I asked the dentist about it the last time we were there and he said they would come out eventually and the front bottom two were "slightly" loose. I knew when I heard this that Carson was destined to get my teeth, which is not a good thing. I did not loose my first tooth until I was in 2nd grade and because they wouldn't come out I had to have over 8 baby teeth pulled for my permanent ones to come in.
So we were very excited when Carson said his tooth was actually loose. We worked on it for weeks! I tried so hard to get him to wiggle it out, but he didn't want to. So we "patiently" waited for it to come out, until one day he said "Mom there is a bump behind my tooth". I looked in his mouth and his permanent tooth was coming in behind his baby tooth. Ugh! So I told him he had two days to get it out and then we were going to the dentist to have him pull it out. This gave him enough motivation to get it moving. That night I told Kyle and Kyle looked inside Carson's mouth and felt the loose tooth and the next thing you know the tooth is out. Carson didn't even know it had happened. He had been so terrified for it to come out, that he was relieved and surprised that it wasn't excruciating pain for it to come out.
He wanted to write a note to the tooth fairy, I thought it was so cute. He wrote "You rock and thaks (thanks) for the mone (money)". He also drew a picture of the tooth fairy on the other side. We put it under his pillow in a bag and off to sleep he went.




He was so surprised the next morning when the tooth fairy had left him a $5 dollar bill for his first tooth (and only that much for the first tooth!) But the tooth fairy had stayed up late and meticulously folded the 5 dollar bill into a fighter jet paper airplane. He thought it was so cool, and loved that it actually flew. (Can you tell from the pic that he had just woken up!) He asked if he could take the 5 dollar bill to school for show and tell.
I am excited he has lost his first tooth and I hope we can keep them coming out. I see braces for sure in this kids future. Sorry Carson you got your Mom's not so great and crooked, crammed teeth.

No comments: