
So ever since I can remember I have been filing out a march madness bracket. My family use to fill one out and who ever won got to go out to dinner with my Dad. It was very competitive. My parents and brother even filled out a bracket last year when they were on missions. It is a tradition that I truly look forward to.
When Kyle and I got married I think he was a little surprised I wanted to fill out a bracket. He laughed it off and said I probably only picked off of the mascots or something like that. Well for the following three years I proceeded to beat him in the tournament. To a very avid sports, and even more avid basketball fan like Kyle this was a little upsetting. He did beat me last year, but I am going to reclaim my title this year.
Three years ago I was pregnant with Carson during the tournament. Kyle was talking to his dad about how we were going to fill out brackets for the tournament. DR made a comment that Kyle should easily win because when women are pregnant they are not as smart! (It was not worded exactly in this way, but that was the meaning. Don't worry we all laugh about it now.) As I'm sure you can guess I was infuriated! So it then became my goal to beat him at the tournament. That year I did beat him in the tournament.
So every year I look forward to filling out a bracket and trying my luck. My first goal is to beat Kyle because he gets so mad when I do. My second and almost first goal is to then beat DR- because no matter how much time passes I will not forget his comment. So as this wonderful time is upon us I wish luck to all of you filling out brackets and to Kyle and DR I say, sadly you will have another year where you will be the losers!
3 comments:
I totally know where you are coming from. Our husbands need to live together during the Madness it sounds like. Silly boys!!! I too have also beat Roger for the past 6 years and it doesn't sit very well with him. We are both very sompetitive and he doesn't like it very well when he has to take me to the dinner of my choosing and buy me a new outfit but I sure like it!!! Fun times!!! We will be up on the 28th and I am definitely coming to see you! Even if it is the death of me! J/K but I left a comment on my own blog telling you about my background so have fun doing it!!
Awesome...I too love to beat James and My father-in-law. I don't know why we always end up winning? "It's maddness baby!!!"
~Cami
I sure miss DR and his comments!
Post a Comment