Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of school!

Carson had his first day of pre school today! (I know preschool may not be a big deal to some, but bear with me he is my first and it is a big deal!) We have been talking about it for quite a while! Yesterday I told him it was finally time for school. He wanted to get his backpack on and ready. He would put it on then say "I'm going to school mom" and go out into the garage. He would come back in and say "I had fun at school, we learned science and painted!"

We started off the morning with a super yummy breakfast. One thing that I do remember about when I was growing up is that my mom had breakfast out and ready for us every single school day. Most days it was a hot breakfast too. I definitely want to try and live up to that standard. I read a cute idea that we are going to start as a tradition for the first day of school. We had yummy Cinnamon rolls for the first day of school (that way when they wake up their is a yummy smell to help get them out of bed!) We also had sausage, Carson's all time favorite!



Don't mind the kind of funny lighting on the pictures. Luckily we have two cameras because my camera battery decided to completely die and hold no charge this morning, yes panic ensued. Anyways so I used our super nice camera and obviously I really don't know how to use it.
Doesn't he look adorable! So old!! I was driving him up to school and began to get really nostalgic. I know crazy, but I was thinking about when he was born and how big he is now and how amazing and happy he makes me! I love this little guy! He went right into the classroom, no hesitation. I know he will be great and will have no trouble making friends! I am so excited for him to learn and have fun every day and to hear all about what he is learning!Brynnley also had to get a picture (she HAS to do everything Carson does). Kyle surprised us and came home to wish Carson good luck and he stayed home with Brynnley so I could savor the first day of school with Carson. What a great husband (I even came home to a clean kitchen too!)

5 comments:

Lyns said...

Oh my goodness. Those pictures are making me a little sad! He looks so adorable! I am LOVING your cinnamon roll tradition. I may have to use it. Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mommy! You're such a great mom and now you get a little break here and there! Enjoy it!

Cami said...

Tear. I am getting a little sad. I can't believe we have kids old enough to go to preschool. YOu are a great mom for making a yummy breakfast. My mom would have breakfast ready for us too and I am going to try, yes try to do that for my kiddos too. Carson looks darling as always.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Thank you so much for acknowledging the morning breakfasts I used to make. It's a "mother payday!" I never even really thought about it as any big deal; it was just what my mother did for me. Now you carry on the tradition! What darling grandchildren I have! What a wonderful daughter and son-in-law I have! You love and support each other and your children so much! I cannot give higher praise than to say I am "well pleased."

Great Dane said...

Ah, yes. The wonderful 1st day of school. I know that mom always was worried with me, being the oldest, but with everyone else, she was a little more relaxed. You'll be into a routine in no time.

Angela said...

Carson looks so cute. Megan's first day of preschool was today too, she was sooo excited! I was really proud of myself, I didn't cry until I got back in the car. :) She's growing up so fast. It didn't help that the song "It won't be like this for long" was playing on the radio!