Sunday, August 2, 2009

Swimming, swimming, I love to swim!

So Carson had two rounds of swimming lessons this year. My friend introduced me to a family that does it in Lehi. They do a fabulous job and I actually know the family (it's Lehi, it's not that big a town). My one and only goal for Carson's summer swim lessons was to just get him to put his face in the water. Well he mastered that 10 minutes into his first class. I was ready for screaming and running. NO! He has turned into a major fish and I thank his teachers tremendously!
They even had him doing knee dives, he loved it!
Doing superman swimming under the water, yes swimming under the water! I love it, and he loves it! He loves to show me how long he can go under the water for.


Practicing his "ice cream" scoop arms.

Carson's favorite part of swimming lessons was going under the water and the diving board. At the end of each class they let each of them go off the diving board. I thought he would not do it, he did it the first time and begged to do it every time after that.
It was a lot of fun and I am so glad to have Carson a lot more comfortable with the water. And able to get the begging parts of swimming!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Becoming comfortable in the water is a big hurdle to overcome. So glad Carson has done it. Loved the video. He's going to be a little fish and how fun is that!