Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle

One of Kyle's and his parents friends was getting married this summer. We thought it would be a lot of fun to take the trip to Seattle. I have never been and I thought the kids would love it too. It was a fun trip, a little stressful at times. But a lot of fun!

We went up for a wedding so that part was a little stressful because we were all there for the wedding so no babysitters. This trip definitely made me appreciate babysitters even more than I already did. Luckily I have an amazing husband and fabulous Grandparents for the kids. Basically one of us had to be with them at all times! I heard a dozen times, "Wow those kids have a lot of energy." But the wedding was beautiful and it was fun to visit with friends.
This is how we spent most of our time...

Swimming: We did a fair amount of swimming, well as much as the chilly weather would permit us. But of course the kids didn't care how cold it was at all. Brynnley has zero fear of the water and would just crawl dawn the steps and step right off into the water. Didn't even phase her. Carson had lots of fun showing everyone everything he had learned is swimming lessons. He also loved playing basketball in the pool with daddy. His favorite was the hot tub.

Aquarium: My kids love the aquarium here so I was really excited to take them to a big city aquarium. It didn't disappoint. The kids loved it! Carson wanted to see every single fish possible. As long as his Grandpa was right there with him. Brynnley was not happy to be confined to the stroller so we gave up on that idea. She just walked from tank to tank say "Ohhhh, wowww, look, look."


This was my favorite part, the entire room was covered in glass. So you could walk all the way around and see fish. Brynnley loved it in there and just kept going in circles. Sadie (Carson and Brynnley's cousin) just kept hitting the glass with her hands because she was so excited so of course they had to join in.
Free Willy Carson and Grandpa. I tried to get Kyle up there to do the quintessential Free willy shot, but no such luck!
My favorite pic of Brynnley. Just checking out the fishes!
My jellies and Octopus
We had so much fun at the aquarium. Carson was a little disappointed they didn't have big sharks. But there was enough to make up for it. Brynnleys favorite was the fish in the room covered in glass, and Kyle loved seeing the sea otters and seals.
Pikes Place Market: After the aquarium we walked over to Pikes place. It was very crowded but still a lot of fun. I couldn't believe all the fun stuff they had to buy. I wish we would have had longer and there were less people so we could shop around. My favorite was all of the fresh flowers to buy, and so cheap! Huge bunches for only $5! They looked like the kind you buy in the movies (Kyle always teases me because he says I want my life to be like a movie) but they were so pretty and I was so sad I couldn't take some home with me! They also had some delicious fruit, we bought some peaches and cherries. Best peaches I have ever had!
Pikes place is also where they have the famous fish throwing. Someone places and order and there are guys that just throw whatever they ordered to the cashier. It is pretty crazy! Carson loved it though, he wanted Grandpa and Daddy to throw some.
Sleepless in Seattle: One the highlights of the trip for me was we found the restaurant where they filmed "Sleepless in Seattle". This is my ABSOLUTE favorite movie, I could watch it every single day and not get tired of it. We actually ran upon the restaurant by accident, it made my day though. We even sat in the booth directly across from where they filmed. I loved seeing where Tom Hanks was in the movie. It was a lot of fun!
We had a lot of fun and I think the kids enjoyed it too. It is always exciting (not quite as exciting for the parents) to stay in a hotel when you are a kid. We had a good time and it was a fun family vacation!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love love love Seattle! We haven't taken our kids yet, but you've inspired me to plan a trip. (I have a sister up there).

Gayle J. Randall said...

It looks like you had such a fun trip! I've been to Seattle a couple of times but we didn't stay long enough to see much. It would be fun to go again! Thanks for the post! I love to see my grandchildren having such a good time!

Lyns said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! You got some great pictures. That last pic of the 3 of you is so cute! I'm glad you had such a good time and I hope your flowers survived! :)