I would like to think that I am pretty good at keeping germs away from my kids. I always use lots of sanitizer and we use it where ever we go. I always make my kids wear socks at McDonald's, even in the summer. I try to keep my house clean and use enough Lysol wipes to make me feel like it is somewhat sanitized.
However after this summer of sickness I have determined, I don't think I am as good as I thought.
Here is the list of sickness we have had this summer (yes summer, aren't you suppose to be sicker in the winter???)
-started with some colds, which turned into an ear infection for Carson and a sinus infection for Brynnley.
-Swine flu for both kids
-One more sinus infection for Brynnley
-Kyle Pneumonia
-Strep throat for me (I forgot how awful it was!!)
-Severe outer ear infection for Kyle
-Hand, Foot, Mouth for both kids (this has been the worst sickness for Carson ever, I have never seen him in so much pain and cry so much!)
I am tired of kids being sick, I am tired of kids crying (I know I should have more patience, but when they are both crying just to cry it gets to me), and I'm tired of sanitizing every single toy over and over...
When will it be over!!!
5 comments:
Oh, Valerie, I'm so sorry to hear about how sick Carson is. You told me that Hand, Foot and Mouth disease was so contagious, but I was hoping he would escape. What a challenging summer this has been in so many ways. Just remember what President Monson promised you . . . Be hopeful for the future because we learn in the Book of Mormon, "and it came to pass." We love you! Wish we were there to help.
How awful! This has been a crazy summer for sickness at our house, too! We are usually the family that never gets sick, this summer we have been the family that is always sick. Here's hoping for a illness-free autumn, right?
Oh Valerie I'm so sorry! I'd definitely say you've had your share of sickness! Hope you are all healthy and well the rest of the year!!
Yuck! Maybe this means you guys will have caught everything by winter and will be healthy all winter long, right! You can definitley hope.
Uggghhh! I'm so sorry! You are one of the most patient moms I know and your kids are lucky to have you! I'm so sorry this has been so rough on Carson. I just feel for all of you. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment