Carson was so excited to go! He was so happy his grandparents were there with him. He loved throwing rocks and just looking around our picnic table for "treasures". We were by a sign that showed that there were some rattlesnakes up the trail. He was fascinated by this and kept asking where they were.

Brynnley loved every single second that we were there. She was filthy when we left (I can't imagine taking her camping over night!) She was so curious about every single thing. She loved to throw the rocks, any rock she could find. She also stuck a few of them in her mouth just to make sure they were okay (Gross I know!) She also stuck the chicken that she had thrown on the ground back in her mouth, a little canyon dirt never hurt anyone right!
My brother also joined us on our canyon family home evening. We had just a classic KFC dinner we a few of our sides and homemade choclate chip cookies for dessert. (a little too much hassle to build a fire, actually I was more trying to save one of my children's fingers from getting burned off!)
Carsons and Brynnleys favorite part of the canyon is throwing rocks into the river. I still don't know why it is so exciting, but I remember loving it when I was a kid to. I brought plastic cups for both the kids so they could fill them up with rocks.
6 comments:
Sounds like so much fun. It's great to have the canyon nearby. We need to get up there soon before the weather cools off. However, there is nothing more beautiful than the canyon during autumn.
What a fun Family Home Evening! The pictures were wonderful! Thanks for inviting Jarom along, too. There's never a better combination than children and the outdoors. I think they learn so much by exploring. Good job, Mom!
I really miss the mountains! That's one thing that we just don't get out here in the midwest. They are so beautiful!
That is one of my favortie memories of growing up was the cookouts we would have in AF Canyon. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. The mountains are the best.
Yes Valerie, super Idea and it's really not that hard, you can go up further to the reservoir and then they can really throw rocks. Take the opportunities to go. Glad to see that you enjoyed sometimes that we went.
Love DAD and GRANDPA
Fun! We're going on a three-day camping trip over Labor Day weekend, and I'm worried that none of us will get any sleep with Andrew in the bed with us!
Post a Comment