Monday 14th-We took our annual trip the the Thanksgiving Point holiday lights. We always go to dinner before at the deli before we drive through the lights. Grandma and Grandpa Ford went with us.
We were lucky enough to be able to fit in one car this year. Carson LOVES the lights at Thanksgiving point. When they turned them on a few weeks ago he yelled so loud I thought something was wrong. Brynnley was just in awe the whole time. I think this is one of Kyle's favorites too. He was so excited to see everything with Carson.December 15th-Sibling gifts. Kyle took Carson to buy his gift for Brynnley and for me. I actually took Brynnley when it was just us and Carson was at pre-school. But Carson had a lot of fun with Daddy, we can't wait to see what he got!
December 16th-We had a play date with Carson good friend Dylan. We don't get to do as many play dates now that he is in school so we had a really good time. Dylan provided some fun Christmas stickers and we took some yummy cookies.
December 17th-Nothing. I was in charge of our Angel Tree for our ward this year and it was a BIG job! I had to get everything finalized, divided, sorted and delivered this week. It was a huge blessing and something I am very grateful I was able to do. But it was exhausting on my prego body!
December 18th-Holiday party. We had a Christmas party up at the Fords. Good food and great company!
December 19th-Busy day! I spent the morning baking and getting all of friend and neighbor gifts done. Brynnley of course wanted to help in the kitchen. I'm still not sure how much sugar or raw dough she consumed. Our activity for the day was to make our ornaments. I found these ornaments last year that came with markers so you could color and draw on them. The kids loved coloring them. I even discovered there were two in each box, so we did the snowmen this year and are going to save the others for next year.

We also had dinner with our good friends the Peterson's. They live super close but somehow we don't get to see them very often. The kids had so much fun playing together. Carson was in heaven having someone his age to play the wii with. The adults had a lot of fun socializing and eating!
Carson also had his very first sleepover, at Grandma and Grandpas house. It was a big night! He talked about it all day and kept asking when it was time to go over. I was a little worried how he would do, but he did great. He told me, they built a tent and slept under it (seen below), they had cookies and watched a muppets Christmas. He slept with Grandpa all night in the tent. Poor Grandpa got to see first hand how active Carson is even in his sleep. Big time mover and kicker!
December 20th-A few years ago we started going to church with the Ford's on the Sunday before Christmas. I don't even remember why it started but I really look forward to it. I love their ward and their choir always does such an amazing job. Sadly Kyle woke up throwing up so he stayed home to hopefully shake it off (He CAN'T be sick this week!) I was loving church with the Grandparents until they had to go up to sing in the choir. I didn't think about how the kids would want to go up with Grandma and Grandpa. Sadly I didn't hear much of the choir. My time was spent trying to contain Brynnley in the pew (She took off running up the aisle, with no shoes on. I had to chase her down. Just slightly embarrassing as I can't run very well even when I am not pregnant). Trying to make sure Carson was occupied and not "fighting". Then trying to keep both of them quiet and not yelling out to Grandpa and Grandma. Anyways, it was still fun to be there. I also had numerous people come up and tell me that me and my kids had provided great entertainment for them during sacrament meeting! After church we went to the Ford's for lunch. Carson showed us his tent and we stayed and visited for a little bit.
This was the best I could get of the kids in their Christmas outfits (sad I know!) Brynnley was so excited to put hers on. I pulled her skirt out and she yelled "pretty prince" she just kept saying it over and over. I think Carson looked very handsome as well, even if you can't really tell in the picture.
5 comments:
Whew! What a fun week! So many activities and so many wonderful family memories! Thank you for posting so we know all that is going on. Loved the pictures of everyone, and I could really picture the adventure during sacrament meeting. I hope Kyle is feeling better. No one should be sick at Christmas!
Wow! Sounds busy, but fun. The kids look very cute in their Christmas outfits, even it they wouldn't hold still for pictures (same problem at our house!). Take some time to relax before Friday.
So fun! You look so adorable with your little belly! Miss you!
Wow you guys are busy. I couldn't fit all of that in even without working. Everything looks fun and cute.
Great Ideas and great to have things close to home. Somethings might seem to much in later years and being flexible will be important as a parent, just keep choosing those things that come to our minds. A great time of life. Love
DAD
Post a Comment