Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday activities 4...last one!


Luckily our week this week was not quite as busy as last!
December 21st- I spent the morning deep cleaning my house! It felt so good. I think it comes from a long standing tradition of my mom always making us help clean the house Christmas Eve. I remember specifically she always made us change the sheets so we had nice clean sheets for Christmas eve. My house was sparkling and everyone had clean sheets! Our Christmas activity was to deliver our friend and neighbor gifts.

December 22nd-Carson had his Christmas party at school and his Christmas performance. I had asked his teachers in the beginning of December if they were doing some sort of performance and they said no. I was so disappointed. They must have changed their minds or had other parents ask because they put on the cutest performance. It was just in their classroom and a few songs, but so cute! LUCKILY Kyle and Grandma Ford were able to come (The week of Christmas is one of the busiest at Kneaders!). I know Carson was so glad they were there.
Carson was even front and center for the program and had the red nose to be Rudolph. I like to think it's because he is the best!
It was super cute and he did such a good job! I was so excited to go see him at school and see him sing.


December 23rd-It was my brothers Golden Birthday. (For those of you who don't know what that is, it's when you turn the age of the day of your birthday. For example he turned 23 yesterday on the 23rd.) My parents felt kind of bad they were missing it, so they asked that we try to make it as special as possible. We put gold stars up all over the kitchen and made him a "golden" birthday basket. It was filled with all gold stuff: Golden Grahms, goldfish, twix, cream soda, some sweet gold sun glasses I found, rolos, and a few other things. I think it turned out cute. That night we had a yummy birthday dinner for him. My sisters family came over to have some dessert with us as well.

December 24th-Our activity for the day is cookies for Santa! One of Carson's favorite things to do is to make sugar cookies! So we are going to put our aprons on and make some yummy cookies, eat TONS of frosting, and get sprinkles everywhere. Can't wait!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Lyns said...

I am so impressed that you had so many Holiday activites AND are caught up on the blog. Such a good feeling. Cutest Rudolph I've ever seen! Merry Christmas!

Michelle Kelly said...

Fun videos. Carson is so cute as the Rudolph.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Wow! I'm impressed, too, that you've had that much to do and still found time to blog about it! What a fun week! Loved the videos and Carsons's cute little grin every time he looked over to see if someone was watching him. He is a darling Rudolph! We love him, we love, Brynnley, and we love both of their parents! Merry Christmas!

T Fowler said...

Whew! You're done! For this year, at least!

Unknown said...

Hope the family will appreciate the clean house. Great pictures on the school activity, take a good break after Christmas and rest up some. LOVE DAD