For our activity for
December 3rd we went to the Festival of Trees. We were lucky enough to have Grandma Ford and Heather and Sadie come with us. I have great memories of going to the festival of trees when I was little and performing at festival of trees too!
Carson didn't really want to look at that many of the trees. He really wanted to watch the performers and see the gingerbread houses. We did talk him into looking at a few of the trees.




The kids favorite part is the Santa's play land. They have lots of fun crafts and games for the kids. Carson was so excited for the balloon guy. We waited in line just so he could get his "bone" and arrow (the arrows are stuffed in his shirt). Kyle has been trying to get him to say bow and arrow but Carson insists that is wrong.
Brynnley was very excited about the princess crown that she got. The kids also loved the Curious
George tree.
Brynnley just kept yelling "
George,
George, look ma ma
George." The other tree was an African tree and was all about Kenya. I took it in memory of my mom who is currently in Africa and has done trees for festival of trees. (We missed you!)

After the festival we picked up some quick dinner and headed to Thanksgiving point. I was so excited to see they were having an Ice Sculpture contest, I thought the kids would love it! Sadly when we got there we saw it had been canceled. They said they didn't have enough people sign up. They started one piece as a demo but it was not finished and we never found out why. So we took a few minutes to visit Santa's reindeer. Then we topped off the night with a cookie hot fudge sundae provided by Grandma!

4 comments:
We tried to go to Festival of Trees today, but just drove through the parking lot and left; it was verrrry crowded. Next year, we will go sooner. Looks like fun.
Thank you for the picture of the Kenya tree! How I wish I could have been there to see it. Dad and I are struggling to have the Christmas spirit with the weather so warm. We played some Christmas music on the Ipod and that helped. I love reading about all of your Christmas activities!
Looks like fun! love the "bone" and arrow. We need to get together.
Post a Comment