Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O Christmas tree

We went and got our Christmas tree on Monday night. Carson picked out the tree all by himself this year. We actually got a different kind than we normally get. Both the kids were so excited to get the tree and get it all decorated. Brynnley ran around saying "tree, tree, tree". Carson kept asking when he was going to be able to get out his Buzz ornament.

Kyle got it in and I got set to work on the lights. They are always my job. Kyle says it takes me 8 hours, I have definitely scaled back. I just LOVE lots of lights, I get that from my mom. She was a pro at putting them on.

Getting the ornaments on with the kids was a little difficult. They just wanted to pull every single one out at ooh and ahh and then throw it down and go onto the next. Brynnley was so excited, she kept saying "Oh wow."Sadly she did break a couple of ornaments. Carson loved helping put all of them on. He felt so important when I would hand one to him. We also discovered we have A LOT of Disney ornaments. I guess that's what you get with a family who loves Disney. Brynnley was very excited about her Tinkerbell ornament Grandma Ford got her last year, and the gus gus ornament that was Daddy's when he was little. (Cinderella is her favorite movie.) Carson was so excited to get the Ohio State football ornament out and his Buzz lightyear ornament. Grandma and Grandpa Ford also got us a light up musical mickey ornament last year. The kids went nuts for it. They keep asking to see it light up!Carson also insisted on doing the "Utes" sign for the picture. Don't worry he isn't a Ute fan. He cheers for BYU, Ohio State and when Daddy is the Utes. I think the tree turned out beautiful and it was a lot of fun, and a bit more stressful than I anticipated! We'll see how well it holds up with two kids who love to look at all the ornaments.

On a side note. My sister gave our family a fabulous advent calendar, you basically do one thing each day to celebrate Christmas. I am so excited about it and it has been so fun figuring out all the fun things we are going to do. So sorry if you get tired of all the posts!
We technically got our tree on November 30th, but it was such a project I counted it as our December 1st activity. The kids did spend a couple of hours today just looking at it today!

3 comments:

Lisa Riddle said...

Looks like you guys have been up to lots of fun. The new picture of your kids up top is super cute. I know how you feel about your tree not lasting. Last year by Christmas we had taken all the ornaments off the bottom 3rd of the tree and Jake could only crawl. We'll see what happens this year.

Michelle Kelly said...

Looks like fun. I want one of Tresa's advent calendar's. I love that idea that she had. Love the tree!!

Gayle J. Randall said...

The tree looks wonderful and has plenty of lights on it. I definitely love having lots of lights, but I definitely hate putting them all on. Usually the "love" wins out. Thanks for the post. Everyone has such fun Christmas memories now! Carson and Brynnley looked so cute and so excited!