Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More Christmas activities


December 4th-Christmas cards. I really wanted to get them out and just be done with them. Carson was actually very excited to help with the cards. He loved putting the stamps on. He kept asking which one was his.

December 5th-Our original activity was find Mistletoe and kiss under it. But have you ever tried to actually find mistletoe? Not easy. I took the kids to a day at the aquarium and for lunch. Kyle had some time to relax and gear up for round two of the holidays

December 6th-We made treats and watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional. Carson really wanted Grandma and Grandpa to come over so they could "listen to the prophet". I don't thank that any of us heard a whole lot, but we were all there.

December 7th-We had to postpone our original plans because Kyle got offered tickets to the Jazz game in one of the boxes. So Kyle's parents offered to take us to dinner. Carson picked Applebees. Afterward we drove around highland and looked at Christmas lights. We picked up some doughnuts for dessert!

December 8th-Make a snowman. Luckily the weather predictions were right and we got a lot of snow. I forgot how long it takes to get the kids fully outfitted in snow gear!! Not to mention myself. But we headed outside and had a lot of fun. Brynnley was so excited about it, she mostly just wanted to eat it. Carson loved just running around in it. They both loved jumping on the tramp with snow. My snowman attempt was pretty sad, not great packing snow. But I think he turned out cute. Carson said his name was "prince" because he knew Brynnley would like it!


4 comments:

Hannah said...

Cute cute cute! I love seeing your fun Christmas activities. :)

Gayle J. Randall said...

How we love seeing all you are doing for the holidays. It helps us remember that Christmas is coming. So hard to picture it in Jinja, Uganda with temperatures in the 80's. Everything is green here! You're doing so well with all of your holiday traditions! Keep up the good work! Love, Mom and Dad

Kent and Heidi said...

I just love reading your blog. I rarely comment. But I think you are an awesome Mom. You do so many fun things with your kids, you are my inspiration! Oh yes and congrats on the Boy!!

Cami said...

Love the snowman! I hear ya about the snow clothes, takes forever! And the cabinet are awesome. so jealous.
Thanks for the fun night!!