Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Never say never

It's 1:45 PM and I am just brushing my teeth for the day....don't judge
I haven't showered yet either. I did manage to pull my hair back in a pony tail, that is now one of the first things I do every morning. I must be doing it too much. Brynnley keeps asking, "Mommy why is your hair back?"
Somehow I have turned into that mom. The Mom that I said I never would.... not that it is a bad thing.
I went to Target last Saturday in basketball shorts and a Kneaders t-shirt. With slightly hairy legs mind you.
I remember seeing those moms when I was younger and thinking "How can you not even get showered or get yourself ready? I don't understand why you would go out looking like that?"
Oh, I know.... it's because you have 3 kids and you usually don't get much time to think about how you look or if you put deodorant on this morning.
There are 3 loads of clean laundry sitting in my laundry room waiting to be folded, and yes a couple of them have been there since the weekend.

But McKay is happily sleeping and gave me a big squishy face smile before he went down. Brynnley is over the moon happy because her princess swimming suit came in the mail today. And Carson ate every single bite of his breakfast and he asked "Mom does that make you happy?"

I don't think I ever would have thought sleepy smiles, princess swim suits, and an empty breakfast plate would make me so happy but they do.
So who cares if I have hairy legs, haven't put makeup on for a couple of days, and wore my pajamas out in public.
The shower can wait, the laundry isn't going anywhere... we are going out to play on the slip in slide.

10 comments:

Lyns said...

Love it! Now that's my kind of post. :)

Natalie Kay said...

Very sweet!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Bravo! I say, Bravo! Family first is always the best motto!

Anonymous said...

You're so pretty, I'm sure that you still look great! :) Your kids are beautiful and I hope mine are as cute as yours!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Hahaha! Such a great post! ;)

Unknown said...

As my PET FISH-BIG MOUTH BILLY BASS says "Don't worry--be happy.

LOVE DAD

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami said...

SO I guess i deleted my comment???
Any love this post. I can't imagine you having 3 loads of laundry piled up. Your house always looks fantastic and i never see laundry :)

Great Dane said...

Just like Pres. Packer said in General Conference: "Have your hands full now, your heart full later." Keep enduring and always find those little moments that make it all worth it.

Lori Young said...

Boy, do I remember those days! Don't sweat it. Laundry is always there to do, the hair on your legs is always growing and if you didn't see anyone you know at Target who cares what strangers think! Your children will never be this age again. Enjoy it!