Our week has been a little crazy.
*Last Monday Kyle went in for Surgery. He had his tonsils removed and his deviated septum fixed. We discovered a few months ago that he actually has sleep apnea. After seeing an ENT he thought this would be the best way to fix it. We both had heard from numerous people that the surgery and recovery were pretty bad. We now know, pretty bad is an understatement. I have never seen Kyle so whiped in my life. He didn't leave our bedroom, currently titled "the man cave" for 3 days. He has been incredibly miserable and in a lot of pain. The real shocker is he has been so quiet too. It hurts for him to talk. I told him tonight I am ready for quiet Kyle to be gone and my funny talkative hubby back! We are both VERY hopeful, that he is on the mend and that this is all over soon! Two major surgeries for Kyle in less than 6 months. I am pretty sure our insurance company is hoping this whole year is over soon too!
* We welcomed a new nephew into the world. My sister Michelle had her first baby, a baby boy born on Saturday morning. A pioneer day baby. He is a healthy little boy named Marcus Scott Kelly. Welcome to the family, McKay is so excited to have a new playmate!
*Carson went to the Bee's game with Grandpa, Uncle Devin and Great Grandpa on Friday night. He also got to take his friend Cohen. I actually bought the tickets for Kyle for Father's day so they could all go. But Kyle was definitely not up to it, so Grandpa agreed to take two 5 year old boys to the baseball game. (I know what an amazing Grandpa huh!?) Carson said they had a blast. He ate lots of fun baseball food and had lots of fun with Grandpa and Cohen. Amazingly enough they even made it to the end for the fireworks. A HUGE HUGE thank you to Grandpa for taking the boys!
*It's our 7 year anniversary today! I can't believe it has been 7 years. But I think Kyle and I have agreed we will celebrate it in a few weeks. Kyle spent the day in bed, eating soggy cereal and Ramen. I spent the day trying to make sure Brynnley and Carson didn't kill each other. Or I didn't loose it, oh did I forget to mention Carson thought it would be funny to pull our living room carpet up by the tile in our kitchen. Not my ideal anniversary... But I am still so happy to be married to Kyle, the most amazing husband and father ever. I love him so much!
5 comments:
Happy Anniversery!!! Sorry to hear about the carpet, i would have totally lost it. Cohen so badly wants carson to come play, so i will call you sometime this wk. And please tell david thank thank you for letting cohen go to the game with them. He had lots of fun and has been telling us all about since!
Hey, it's your lucky anniversary (you know, when the date matches the year)! That means things only can get better from here.
Here's to more "ups" and less "downs." Get well soon, Kyle. We miss your friendly banter!
Didn't know that Kyle was under the knife again, but we'll keep him in our prayers and now that the Logan Temple is reopened, I'll can put names on the temple roll again. I've been battling a sore throat for almost a week now, but the end it in sight. Just remember that the "ups" always out number the "downs", so remember that you're always winning.
I hope Kyle is starting to feel better. Love to you all!
Post a Comment