So I have mentioned before that we always have a Mexican feast on Cinco De Mayo. We also celebrate Harrison's birthday on this day. So we had a few friends over and had some super yummy food.
The menu this year was steak nacho's, chicken and veggie stuffed queisdallas, guacamole and sort of salsa, and cilantro rice. For dessert we had Tres Leche's cake, and homemade soapapillas. It was delicious and everyone loved the food. I of course did not get any pictures of the food or are guests.
Kyle thought it would be really fun to get a pinata for the kids. My kids LOVE pinata's. Brynn calls it a Piata, and I just love hearing her say that.
Originally we were going to just have our own little family Cinco de mayo but thought it would be fun to have a few friends over. So we exchanged our small pinata for a little bigger one. Carson went with me to the party store and begged and pleaded to get a Justin Bieber pinata.
I caved in, because I knew it would be hilarious and that we weren't going to be doing a pinata at his birthday party.
The kids all took a few swings, we let Carson go very last. Kyle went after Carson and smashed the thing to pieces (I think the other men were a little sad they didn't get a swing). The kids loved all the candy, cars, parachute guys, and bracelets that were inside.
Carson took the front of the pinata off and put it in his room, this kid loves Justin Bieber! Happy Cinco De Mayo!
1 comment:
So much fun! You've gotta love those "piata's." And a Justin Bieber one just can't be beat! What great family memories you are making! You have such good friendships with friends, too.
Post a Comment