I admit, I was pretty sad to NOT be at my house to watch my tulips pop out of the ground. I did drive by the house one day to look and see, but I didn't want to stop and have our renter think I was trying to keep an eye on them. But I am sure she is enjoying them!
We were lucky enough to go to the Tulip Festival twice this year. We went with Grandma Ford and Aunt Heather, Sadie and Tyler. Then the kids tagged along with me when we took the Laurels in the ward to the Gardens.
This is always one of my kids favorite spots. They call it the flower maze. They love to get out and run in between the rows of tulips. Brynn picked pink tulips to get her picture by. Carson picked purple because he is obsessed with Justin Bieber. McKay of course just didn't want his picture taken.
McKay was so excited to get out and be able to stand at a few things. He stood at the fence while we fed the fish and then he stood around the little fountain in the secret garden. This has to be one of my all time favorite pics of him!
We of course had to get a picture with Grandma, and the every year it gets harder and harder. But it's still cute!
The two boys watching all the older kids as they ran and rolled down the hill by the waterfall. They were pretty content to watch as long as they had the yummy sugary doughnuts Grandma bought.
So I had suggested we take the Laurels to the Gardens to see all of the tulips. Most of the Laurels and the leaders had never been. Of course a few hours before we were suppose to go Kyle called and said their was a major problem out at work and was on his way out to Tooele. Kyle's parents were already gone for the night so I brought the kids along with me to the Gardens. The girls of course loved the kids, one of their favorite babysitters is one of my Laurels.
Tell me aren't these the cutest girls ever! I love being in Young Women's and getting to know all of these girls!
For some reason my kids wanted to be extra photogenic that night. Our Young Women's president Dana (Love her!) had her really nice camera and was taking pictures of everyone. My kids kept finding spots they wanted pictures. I LOVE all the pictures she got, and I know my kids would never do picture like that for me! (Don't mind Brynn's beautiful Hello Kitty watch from the McDonald's happy meal, for some reason she wore it like a pedometer...)







1 comment:
Oh, this is a beautiful post full of beautiful flowers, beautiful grandchildren, beautiful young women and beautiful McKay standing by the fountain. Did I mention that it was just beautiful!? Love it!
Post a Comment