Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bedtime Routine

So those of you that know me well know that I am pretty anal about Carson and his sleeping. I told myself when I was pregnant that I would not be one of those women that lives by their children's schedules. But just as everyone says you should never say you "won't do that" when I have kids, because most likely you will end up doing it. Anyways I try really hard to keep Carson on a good sleeping schedule because it makes a huge difference between the crankiest kid in the world, to a normal 2 year old. Over the two years his bedtime routine has changed a little but the majority of it has stayed the same. But when we moved him into a big boy bed we had to adjust a little more. But the reason I am saying all this is I think one of my favorite parts of putting him to bed is right now. I started singing to him a few weeks ago to see if I could get him to stay in the bed, well it has now evolved into singing to him every single night. However he got bored with my primary songs and twinkle twinkle, so he now names a character or object and wants me to make up a song about it. I will say I have one of the worst voices around (Kyle will agree whole heartily) but Carson still loves when I sing to him. I have had to get really creative with my song writing ability. But I love singing with him and love even more when he tries to sing a long with me. It is the cutest thing ever. He tries so hard to sing with me and just ends up laughing. It is my favorite time of the day and always puts a smile on my face after a long day!

2 comments:

Janae said...

You are such a cute Mom. Jon went to Kneaders today without me and he didn't even bring me leftovers! I told him he has to take me to breakfast there soon.

Holly said...

What a good mom you are! I think Kylee would ask me to stop if I sang to her cause my voice is so bad. I do love to hear her sing though. Two year olds are fun!!