Friday, February 8, 2008

Tag your it...

*Sorry this is super long, I didn't mean for it to be. I especially apologize to those of you who have mentioned people putting too long a posts up.

So one of our friends tagged us. The rules are that you have to write 10 unique things about yourself. Well I decided that I would do 10 about Kyle and I since it is supposed to be a family blog and Kyle is much more interesting than myself, so here goes.

1. Kyle and I met on the 23rd of August, got engaged on the 24th of January, and got married on the 25th of July. Kind of cool, huh. Also Carson was born on the 22nd. So great things have hapened to us in the order of 22-25.

2. I don't drink carbonation and have not since I was in the 8th grade. I kind of decided to stop becasue I thought it would make me healthier and stuff. For some reason it stuck and I still to this day do not drink carbonation. I really don't miss it that much. Ocasionally a root beer sounds good, but that is about it. Oh and red cream fanta, I did use to love that. For a few years I also went with out candy or gum. The candy part was pretty hard but I did it. Still to this day I am not a huge candy or gum fan.

3. Kyle was hit by a bus on his mission. Most of you know this about him but i'm sure there are some out there who do not know that. About a month before he was supposed to come home from his mission he was riding in the back of a pick up truck and a bus lost their brakes and ran right into the truck he was in. Kyle flew out of the back of the pickup and flipped around and landed on the ground. He was then drug by the bus for several blocks, his pants were caught on something on the bus. Numerous things happened to him, broken nose, broken ribs, a shattered ankle, and a knee that looked like hamburger. (If you haven't seen them, ask to see his scars, they are pretty freaky). It was really scary and he is lucky to be alive. Luckier for us though-Love you babe!

4.Kyle was pretty much engaged when we started going out. He was dating another girl and they were very serious. I even met her and she showed me pictures of the ring they were looking at. A few days later I was watching a movie with Kyle and he started cuddling and holding my hand. I didn't know what to do. Obviously you know the end of the story, and we lived happily ever after. P.S. He hates that I put this on, too bad though...

5.I have never travled outside the United States. I guess you could say Canada and Mexico are traveling outside of the united states, but barely. Kyle on the other hand has been and lived every where! He went to high school in Hong Kong and while he was there visited numerous places, I am not even sure of all of them, but here are a few: Spain, the Philipines, Australia, Thailand, and I know many many more. Ask him for the details.

6. I used to be a ballet dancer. Some may know this and some may not. I started dancing when I was 3 and didn't really stop dancing until Kyle and I got married. I started off with tap and jazz and then the studio I was dancing at started ballet. When my family moved it was too far of a drive to go to the same place so my mom found a new studio, but they only taught ballet. It turned out ballet was my passion though. I danced with Utah Regional Ballet until I was 17 and then decided that I was never going to be a soloist dancer and to take some time for me. I did a few dance things after that, but that was the biggest part of it. I love dancing and still terribly miss it. Sometimes when I am at home with just Carson I still dance in my kitchen to see if I am any good or can still do a double piourette. It was some of the best and worst times of my life. This probably explains why one of my favorite movies is Center Stage, and my favorite TV show is "So you think you can dance". I like to feel like that could have been me and relive the glory days.

7.Kyle and I love shopping. Kyle actually can and usually does out shop me. He loves to shop and not just for himself. He will go out with anyone who asks him to and give his opinion. I think his dream job would to be a personal shopper. He loves to shop for himself as well though. I love to shop also, but I get more gratification from a good deal. I am always telling Kyle how much I got something for so he can seem amazed and shocked. Although that never happens, I wait for the day that some time he will be like "No way, that is an amazin deal" and say it with real feeling instead of his usual sarcastic remark. There is something strangely satisfy about a good deal.

8. Kyle and I love tv and may even be considered TV junkies! I know this may sound really wierd. I actually think it stems from when we were newlyweds. We didn't have hardly any money becasue we were living in Logan and lets be honest there are not the highest paying jobs up there. So we usually stayed home together and watched TV. Well the best invetion for our family was the Tivo, once we got it we were hooked!! We like most of the same shows, but there are a few that he likes more than me. The shows we love together are The Amazing Race -one of our favorites ever, we love to make fun of the people and we love when the people start yelling at each other. Kyle and his dad are actually applying to be on the show. Kyle would kill me if we were on the show together!, CSI NY-we love this show and both love Gary Sinese, Prison Break we both love this show although I will admit I probably watch it more to watch Wentworth Miller (beautiful!!), So you think you can dance-Kyle only lasts so long but it is my favorite show ever, American Idol-this is probably Kyle's favorite show, I only last so long but still enjoy it. More of Kyle's favs are NCIS, Big Brother, Survivor, Rob & Big, COPS, Dog the bounty hunter, & dirty jobs. More of my favs are The hills ( I love this show and although Kyle won't admit it he loves it as well.) Heroes (best show ever, but I haven't seen it in so long that I am starting to forget how good it is, dumb strike! Gilmore girls, I can truely say this is an obession of mine and I have never figured out why. But I watch it daily and have for years now. I love it.

9.I hate feet. I am not really sure why but I can't stand feet. I hate with a passion when some one elses bare feet touch me. It grosses me out so much. I don't particullarly love my feet either, but they are attatched so I still have to have them by me.
Kyle is EXTREMELY ticklish on his feet. We are talking he will get mad at you if you even brush up against them. It is not funny at all if you even try to tickle him. He gets extremely mad and what was suppose to turn into fun turns into a major blow up.

10.I love making lists. I don't know why but I make lists for everything. I feel so much better if it is written down. Probably becasue I have a horrible memory and forget everything. Kyle makes fun of me and says that sometimes I make lists just so I can check something off. Which is sometimes true. Sometimes I put something on a list that is already done but I like to check it off. Wierd I know, I think it just feels like I really did something and is a sense of accomplishment!

So there are ten things you did not need to know about us but now you do. So I tag Janae, Holly Dipadova, Holly Watson, Michelle, Lori, Sheena, Natalie, The Wares, and The Carlisles. (I won't hate you if you don't do it or don't have time, but it is fun) The rules are now you have to write 10 things about yourself that are unique or interesting and then you tag 10 more.



3 comments:

Janae said...

I love the post even though it was long and you know how I am about long posts. I even learned some new things about the Ford family. We can't wait to meet the baby. You better call us!

Cami said...

Ha ha! I love it...I am laughing so hard. I also learned some cool stuff about you two.

~Cami

Great Dane said...

I really enjoyed the post, because I got to know both of you a little better. I should know you pretty well, since we are family. I'm excited to hear that baby #2 is almost here! I also read the previous post, and I think you're just gaining more love for both Carson and his sister. Giving birth can be scary, but once it's over, it's just replace many times over with love. Keep praying, have faith, and things will work out.