Monday, June 9, 2008

Father's Day

We celebrated Fathers day a week early this year because we leave to go to San Diego next Sunday morning. So yesterday was Fathers day for us. Carson and I fixed Kyle some buttermilk waffles for breakfast. Carson loves to help cook, his favorite part is dumping the flour in.


We went to Kyle's parents house to have dinner with all of the Ford Fam. The girls fixed ribs (although DR did the grilling, he is the grill master...) and I made fried chicken. (It was super yummy and a huge hit, so I was happy). It was a great meal and Heather made homemade peach raspberry cobbler. Needless to say we all went home with full bellies.
Kyle got new golf shoes from me, and Carson and Brynnley gave him and grandpa an Ohio state story book to read to the kids.
Although I think Kyle's favorite gift was the golf club that his parents got him. It is called a hybrid something, I don't know the details, I just know he was excited. Devin also got one and he said he was so excited he wanted to sleep with it that night!

We also found out this weekend that Heather is having a girl!!! We are all so excited. I wanted a girl so she would be close in age to Brynnley, but I thought for sure it was a boy!
We are so excited for them!

We are heading out to San Diego next week for our first family vacation with the four of us! We are so excited and Carson is constantly talking about seeing Shamu. Every time he sees an air plane he says "Mama look a airplane, it's going to see Shamu!"

4 comments:

Great Dane said...

Seems like you guys had a fun Father's Day a week early. Have fun on your trip to San Diego, and enjoy all the hot weather. Remember not to get too close to the water tank, because you could get soaked!

Jenn said...

Fun Father's Day!
Enjoy San Diego. It's a great families first vacation. We went there 2 years ago. You will have a blast. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Holly said...

Happy Fathers day Key-Lay! Dont we love daddy's! Glad you guys had a fun day and super congrats to Heather! We love girls!! Have tons of fun in San Diego. Maybe next family vacation we can get Mike to take off work and all go together!

Court and Brade said...

Heather is pregnant? YAY! Congrats to her! Tell her hello for me and that I am SO excited for her! Heavens, where is the baby gonna go? She has a tiny little torso!