Friday, June 13, 2008

A haircut well worth the money


So normally when Carson gets a haircut it involves me strapping him in his booster seat, turning on a movie, getting out whatever candy I have and then spending the next 45 minutes of him screaming and crying bloody murder while I try to cut his hair.
Kyle and I were out at the District (new outdoor mall in Riverton) and I saw a new store called "Cookie Cutters" that just cuts kids hair. I told Kyle I wanted to try it and he just laughed at me. Well today I got up the nerve and decided to give it a try. I would never know how bad it was going to be with him until he tried.
This is how his haircut went today. Sat in the firetruck chair, watched backyardigans on the TV, and didn't make a peep! No screaming, no crying, nothing!! I was absolutely astonished. I'm sure the lady thought I was crazy because I kept warning her it was going to be bad and we had to strap him in because it was going to be a scream fest. It went so well and I was so happy. Now he has a cute and even haircut. There are always stray hairs and not so even spots when I do it. So, best money ever spent!!
Doesn't he look cute with his faux hawk, per Daddy's request!

2 comments:

Cami said...

Love his hair and the hawk too! He is so cute and can't wait to party on Saturday!! Hope you are having fun in Cali!

Great Dane said...

That kind of hair style is very popular in Europe, and I saw it all the time in Denmark, so it looks good to me. Maybe next summer, you could buzz his head, and see how he likes it. My brothers and I did that all the time.