Yesterday Kyle and Carson were both sick and so I knew that we would not be making it to church. So I decided to read the Ensign while I ate breakfast for a little spiritual pick me up. I had heard in Relief Society that someone had given a great talk about Motherhood so I found that talk. Somehow I missed it during conference, that is usually what happens when you try watching with a 3 year old though. The talk was by M. Russell Ballard. It was such a great talk and really gave me a little bit of a boost. It had been a long week, Kyle had a lot of catering order this week so he had really, really long hours. Carson also got sick this week and when he gets sick is super needy, whinny, and cranky! This article really was a great pick me up though. I attached the link if any of you mom's out there want a good read or need a little boost.
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=9694558fcc599110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
4 comments:
By far my favorite talk from conference...what a "lifter-uppper"
Hi friend! I know, I LOVED that talk! I didn't actually HEAR it cause we were at a cabin with our neices and nephew and it was LOUD! But I listened to it a few weeks after conference and seriously, it was an awesome talk! I know, I'm not a mom quite yet, but I still loved it. It made me feel special to be a woman! Cheesy, I know, but true!
Hey Val,
I just love your blog! It seems like you have a ton of experience. I am just starting out, but I am getting way into it. I haven't seen you in a long time, but it is nice to be able to see what you guys are up to. Your family is beautiful!
It's nice to hear a Priesthood leader talk about motherhood and really understand. It was a great talk and I really enjoyed it.
Post a Comment