Sunday, June 22, 2008

SaN diEgO!!

We had an awesome time in San Diego and it was a great family vacation!
We started off a little rocky, the plane ride was great, however when we went to go rent our car there was a line of about 50 people! Luckily my parents came and got me and the kids while Kyle waited for 2 hours to get the car. To make matters worse, we had reserved a car seat for Carson through them and they did not have one. We were suppose to go visit one of my college room mates but I felt like it was too far of a drive with out a car seat (So sad Lori that we couldn't make it!)
But luckily that was the lowest point of our trip and it was at the beginning. We spent the next day at Sea World and it was a blast! Carson loved all of the shows and seeing all of the animals. I think he like the Breakfast with Shamu, The pet show, and feeding the Sea Lions best of all!
The second day we spent at the San Diego zoo. Carson loves the Hogle zoo so we thought it would be a lot of fun. It is a huge zoo and was fun, they had a lot of animals we hadn't seen in person before.
We had a great family dinner that night with all of us, before we went our separate ways. My parents and sister were staying in a condo about 15 minutes from where we were.
We spent the next morning on the beach. Carson loved it, although he didn't not want to get too far into the water and went running for his life when a big wave came towards him. But he loved jumping the waves with daddy and playing in the sand.
We had so much fun, it was just too short and too fast! Carson is already asking when we are going to go see Shamu again! It was so much fun to spend some time with my family and with our little Ford Fam.


7 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had tons-o-fun! Next family va-ca we do together! Carson is getting so old...oh yeah, Happy Birthday Carson! Your present is in the mail! We miss you guys!

Halvos said...

Oh, I am SOOO bummed we didn't get to see you guys, I was really looking forward to some laughs. My stomach muscles always hurt from laughing so hard when you and Kyle are around. Buuuttt...I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy yourselves, and it is better that you didn't drive all that way without a carseat! Yikes! Loved the pics! -Lori

T Fowler said...

Sounds like fun. Which we could have been there.

Court and Brade said...

oooooooohhhhhh SO fun!!!! I am glad that you guys were able to go. Carson really is at such a fun age, I bet he was so funny! Hey, isn't Carson's birthday tomorrow? or when is it? I know it is the end of June sometime i think... It's like your birthday every year.. I know it's the end of Feb, but i am never quite sure which day. is yours the 28th? ha ha I never remember.

Vanessa said...

That looks so fun! I'm so jealous! Happy Birthday to Carson! He's getting so big! He's going to be such a stud when he grows up! ;)

Gayle J. Randall said...

Oh, it was so fun to remember all the fun we had in San Diego. My favorite saying is: "It's all about the memories." And it certainly is true with your cute slide show and this lovely thing called blogging. So glad we could have our family time together!
Mom

Quinn said...

I am not sure if this is where I am supposed to be leaving this but our blog is www.4beardalls.blogspot.com. I hope you get this I am new to this blog stuff!! Kelli