Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Makin' banana pancakes




Last night we went with some friends to the Jack Johnson concert. We have had the tickets for a while, I told Kyle I wanted to go to John Mayer but he came back with Jack Johnson tickets. He was really good though and sounded exactly like he does on his Cd's (which is rare for concerts) and we had a lot of fun with our friends.

Highlights of the concert:
-Took us about an hour and half to get there after we got off the freeway, not fun traffic.
-Most people were plastered. However the girl in front of us was so drunk she really didn't know what was going on. At one point she leaned her had back to me and said " I have great hair, you should braid it". She also was doing yoga at the oddest times.
-One of the friends that was friends with the people we were with left a little while into the concert to go get pictures. About a half hour later he calls and says to look up on stage behind Jack Johnson and there he is! He said he found a hidden door behind the snow cone shack and got on stage! Random!

6 comments:

Whitney Parry said...

hey...Ashton and I were there too! yeah.. traffic was bad and some girl spilled beer on one of the guys that was with us.. crazy.. but the icecream I had was good.. and the music was good! ha

Holly said...

How fun for you guys! I wish we were there hanging out with you guys and Brooke and Vaughn. You know what they say about drunks... if you cant join em, braid their hair!

Arin said...

Gotta love a good drunk...although I tend to watch them more then the event I am attending?!?

Lisa Riddle said...

Hello Valerie,
It is your long, lost, friend Lisa (Rushton) Riddle. I stumbled onto your blog when I was looking at other peoples'. I can't believe you have two kids. They are so cute. You should e-mail me and tell me what is going on in your life. It is lisa.ridd@gmail.com. I'm jealous you got to go to a Jack Johnson concert. I went to one about 5 years ago and loved it. Anyway, we'll see ya!

Lyns said...

Sounds like a really fun night. We LOVE Jack Johnson. We went to that concert a few days before we got engaged actually. My only question is, did you braid her hair? :)

Angela said...

Ha that's too funny! We saw John Mayer a couple years ago and he was really good live too. Too bad about the traffic though! That's one good thing about living out here in the boonies...!! lol :) Your hair looks really cute short by the way!