Thursday, October 29, 2009

First snow cookies



Last year I read about a cute tradition I wanted to start. The very first snow of the year you make cookies. But you also put them in your snowman cookie jar. You get the snowman cookie jar out the very first snow of the year and put it away when all the snow melts. So last year I searched for the perfect snowman cookie jar.
We made our first snow cookies, the actually were pumpkin pre-made cookies, and it was actually the day after the first snow. But we are going to count it, since it has been a rough week!
The kids had fun getting the cookies out, although they were popping the cookie dough in their mouths faster than I could get it on the cookie trays. But it was fun and I think it's going to be a tradition that will stick around!

4 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Fun tradition!! Cookie dough is the best, better than cookies.

Lisa Riddle said...

That is such a cute idea. In my family we always had the first snow of the season party. The snow had to actually stick to the ground then we would do games and have party type food (pigs in a blanket, cheese and crackers). I kinda wanted to do it this year, but figured Jake doesn't get it and could care less at this point so I went to the gym instead. Points to you for being a good mom unlike me.

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a great idea! What a cute snowman cookie jar! You can count me in on any tradition that has cookies in it! You're a great mom. I think you're very organized even to have some pre-made cookies available. I hope Carson is feeling better.

T Fowler said...

I like that tradition. Maybe the first snowfall wouldn't be so bad that way!