Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A black year

So I have posted about this before, (Sickly) but it has gotten worse. Somehow we are super sick yet again. I really believe that we have had every major illness in our house this year when it comes to our kids, and a few from Kyle and I. I really think the only one we have not had is RSV (Yes I am knocking on 20 pieces of wood right now).
Carson has now come down with Croup and Pneumonia. I still am not even sure how either! Sunday morning he was totally and completely fine. He started acting a little off at dinner time and I wondered if he was getting sick. He had a slight fever and slight cough when he went to bed. He was a little sick in the morning but nothing major. He quickly went down hill, so I took him to the doctor (even thought I thought they would think i was crazy for bringing him in when he had been sick less than 24 hours!) Anyways his fever was 104.8 and his oxygen was down to 90%. So after a couple of round of antibiotics and a steroid shot he is hopefully on the mend.
The reason I post this though is that is has been a REALLY hard sick year! It is just hard when kids are sick! Especially Carson, the whiniest child alive when he is sick! But I was asking my doctor about it and he said a lot of times you will have a year when you all your kids are really sick and catch everything. Then you'll have a break for a few years after that. I don't know if it is really true, but I am desperately hoping this black year is over and we are on the up side of staying healthy!

5 comments:

Lisa Riddle said...

Poor baby! Having sick kids is the worst. I am not looking forward to another winter full of coughs and runny nose and croup, blah!

Gayle J. Randall said...

We are praying extra hard for you and your family. Our hearts are heavy with worry and empathy for you and your little ones. This really has been an awful year for sickness for your family. There must be something very important to be learned. We love you so much and we will continue to pray for you. We will fast for you on Sunday, also, specifically for these health challenges. Love you!

T Fowler said...

Welcome to preschool! Good luck.

Heather said...

Im sorry! Nothing worse than sick kids! come on over if you need a break!

Kaye said...

I think the doctor is right. It will get better. You are really being tested right now, but better days are ahead. I think you have dealt with it amazingly well.