Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hee Haw

We went with the Fords on our annual pumpkin picking activity. We have been going to Hee Haw farms for a few years. Mostly because we love being able to go out into the field and pick our own pumpkins. It was so fun to take the kids out into the field. Carson wanted to pick every single pumpkin he saw, orange, green, and every shape in between. Brynnley didn't really like venturing out into the field. Too unstable and she didn't' like all the vines.
We also did all of the fun activities that they have there as well. They had swings, a corn box, animals, a trick or treat hay ride and Carson's favorite the giant slides.
They all took turns going on the slide, Carson loved it. He was not happy when we had to leave and he couldn't go down the slide anymore.


I love the month of October! There are so many fun things to do! I am sure that Carson's favorite time of the year is Halloween. He asks monthly when it is going to be Halloween, when he gets to pick pumpkins and when Cornbelly's opens!!
We got some great pumpkins and thanks to my expert "gourd" finder, great gourds courtesy of Kyle! It was so fun to bring them home and fill my porch with pumpkins!

7 comments:

T Fowler said...

Cute pictures in the patch.

Gayle J. Randall said...

There's no time quite like fall. It has its own feel-- Kind of a winding down feel. You're making wonderful memories with your children! The pictures are great!

Heather said...

I was wondering where all those cute pumpkins came from on your porch. SO FUN!!! and the frosting story made me die laughing! I still owe you some! FUN FUN family you have!Lets get together soon!

Michelle Kelly said...

I love fall also, I'm excited to be able to finally decorate my house with each holiday. Looks like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

I don't remember that we had a slide at our pumpkin patch or animals except for a furry dog. But it was still fun, epically picking the pumpkins and washing them all off.
RIGHT VALERIE--LOVE DAD--HAHHAHAHAHA

Rachel Smith said...

Fun! I Just love Fall, and pumpkins, and pumpkin patches! Cute Photos.

Lisa Riddle said...

That looks so fun! Sometimes I wish we had more things here. You are always doing such fun things with your kids. It inspires me to break out of our routine on occasion.