Friday, October 30, 2009

Ultrasound

This is just for journal purposes, so feel free to read if you want...
We had our ultrasound today! We took Carson with us, we thought he was old enough and would like to see it. We have been talking about it with him for a few weeks now so he was ready for it. We basically told him it was an x-ray, he seemed to understand that best. After I picked him up from school I said "Do you know what we get to go do next?" He yelled "Go look at the baby!" It was so cute and he was so excited. He seemed a little nervous when we got in there, just because he didn't know what was going on. But he warmed up after a while.
The ultrasound tech asked us if we wanted to know the sex of not. We told her yes. Usually they do all the checking of everything and then find the sex. Well within about 15 seconds, she said "Oh wow, well I am glad you wanted to know." It was pretty evident to her and I what the baby was, a boy! I have to admit I have thought since the very beginning it was a boy. We were even driving to the doctors and I was thinking about it. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was a girl, but I just felt so strongly it was a boy. Me and Kyle's mom were the only ones!
The other thing the ultrasound tech told us was that I was measuring 2 weeks big! I'm still not sure how that is. The doctor decided not to move my dates since I was pretty sure on my end of the dates. So either it is going to be a big boy (I hope not too big), he will be earlier than we thought, or the ultrasound was off. I'm not sure which one. But I'm planning for a couple weeks earlier than I thought, just to be safe.
The other funny thing was that this boy is bent in half in there. I hope he is still little enough to change his position because he literally has his legs over his head. His toes are about touching his head! Crazy kid. I think he will be a super flexible football player!
After the ultrasound Carson called a few people. He called Aunt Heather and said "Heather there is a baby in my mommy's tummy and it's a brother!" He was so excited. We also had him tell Kyle's parents as well.

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Love the journal post! Little baby boy Ford will love to know about it someday. Congratulations! We are so happy about it all! We love you!

Unknown said...

It will be great for Brinnley to have two protectors?? Hope all is going well on health for the two of you. ALL MY LOVE DAD