Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Coming home to a house full of crazy

One of the nurses in the NICU said she felt bad for McKay because his bed space was right by the nurses station so it was kind of loud. I told her the louder the better because he was coming home to a very loving, but VERY loud home!

Carson and Brynnley were so excited for McKay to come home. Grandma was staying with them in the morning and got them all ready. I walked in the door with McKay and I heard Brynnley yell while running "Where Kay, where kay?" I brought him in then she said "See please...". Carson and Brynnley loved him from the second he was in the door. They both wanted to look at him and hold his hand. Carson was super anxious to hold him as well. Brynnley even had a short turn holding him too.


McKay is settling in very nicely. It is going a smoother than I thought. The kids love him! Both of them want to see him all the time and want to hold him. Brynnley even cries when she goes down for her naps becasue she wants to see "Kay". Carson is a huge help and loves to help get diapers, hold his binki in while mommy is changing him, and to just hold his hand whenever he can. What a blessing! We have our nursery set up to be our temporary hospital room and it is working very well. McKay seems to like it as well! Luckily we left our guest bed up in his room, in case Grandma needed to stay. Who knew we would need it in there so I could sleep in his room! His feedings are going well and we are learning how to juggle everything. For instance how to juggle 50 feet of tubing for oxygen and two kids and a dog, however we have discovered it does reach down stairs. As well as how to give a bath with all the tubes as well. It is interesting and different but it gets a little easier each day!We are just so happy to have him home! I am so happy to finally have my whole family here together under one roof. It feels good and complete. (It does feel good not to be driving to Provo 2 to 3 times a day as well, I DO NOT miss the drive to Utah Valley!)

2 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Fun post. McKay is adorable and I'm so glad he is home.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Our prayers are answered! McKay is home and his brother and sister love him and are helping with his care. We have been praying that you would be able to do all of the things that are required for all of your children. We knew you could because you and Kyle are good parents. There is nothing like a loving family--even if they are loud and crazy at times!