Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Kyle

Kyle,
I get choked up when I think about how much I love you and how much you mean to me. You truly are my best friend. I can talk to you about anything, you will always listen.
You make me want to be a better person in so many different ways. A better friend, a better member of the church, a better mother and a better wife. You are constantly helping and encouraging me in whatever I want to do.
You are my rock and I marvel at your always constant upbeat and happy attitude. It is so rare to see you down. You are always lifting me, our family, ant those you love up.
You have so many qualities that I wish I had. you are able to talk to anyone and it has been very helpful with our time here in the NICU. You see the positive in every situation no matter how bleak it looks. You have such an amazing amount of faith and belief that everything will work out.
You carry so much responsibility on your shoulders and I wish I could do more to lighten the load, you rarely complain.
You have grown so much in the past few years and I feel like we have only grown closer. I truly love you more now than I ever thought possible.
I love you!

4 comments:

Janae said...

Dear Valarie,
Here you are writting the sweetest letters to your family when I'm sure you are exhausted. So here's my letter to you. You are one of the best mom's I have ever met. You are a natural at it and you continue to amaze me with all of your mothering and wife skills. You are compassionate, fun, honest, loyal, and a great friend. I love ya and want you to know that I'm thinking of you. Just keep swimming and enjoy the waves:) We can't wait to meet Mckay.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Dear Valerie:
Who knew that I could watch my daughter grow from thousands of miles away. You are growing and developing Christlike attributes before my virtual eyes. I am truly "well pleased" (3 Nephi 11:7)and "I have no greater joy than to [read] that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4 "I truly love you now more than I ever thought possible."

Unknown said...

Val,

Thanks for sharing those super sweet letters to your family with us. They are so lucky to have you as their mother/wife! You are an amazing woman/child of god! Our Heavenly Father must be so pleased with the way you live your life and how you're handling this bump in the road! I commend you for tracking your thoughts and inspiration! You're an inspiration to us all!

Love ya girl!

Cortney

Unknown said...

It is family times like this that I wonder sometimes what we agreed to do to help each other with during what ever time we are here on this earth for this experience. Mckay has helped us all to appreciate the gift of life and the opportunity to serve each other more. It is a wonderful attribute that you can express you love and recognize the growth in all family members during this earthly experience. Love DAD