McKay,
I am not really sure where to start. As I write this letter to you, you sit in the hospital still a sick little boy. I had no idea what a roller coaster of a ride we were both in for when we started this adventure.
I always knew there was something special about you, everything was just a little different from the begining. You are such a big part of our lives and we can't wait to have you home so it can be an even bigger part. Your big brother is so excited for you to be in our family. He can't wait for you to get home so he can see you. Your sister is always asking about you, anything that has to do with a baby she asks if it is for "kay?".
From the second you decided to make your appearance you have been a fighter. The reason I felt like you looked like a McKay to me was you looked like you had a tough guy face and I felt it was a good strong name for you.
You bring so much joy to our lives. We hope that you will have a very happy, normal, and wonderful life with our family.
I want you to know you will always hold a special place in my heart. I have only held in you in my arms for a little while. But every time I get to hold you a very calming peace comes over me and I know everything will be okay.
I love you so much, please keep fighting for us!
2 comments:
Heavenly Father has sent this little guy to your family for many reasons. You have learned a few of them and you will continue to learn them throughout his life. He has already taught you so much about love and about life. He is a fighter. I hope he learns a lot about President David O. McKay, too. I feel as if he were named for him. He was a strong, yet gentle, prophet. We love you, McKay! You were sent here for a reason.
It will take awhile for us all to realize the blessings he has brought to each of our lives, the growth, the love and the change in all of us.
Thank-you Mckay for coming to our family. LOVE LOVE GRANDPA RANDALL
Post a Comment