Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sand castle fun


My friend invited us to go to an awesome new park in Cedar Hills. It is a man made pond with a huge sandy beach for the kids to play on. It is awesome! We took our buckets and shovels and the kids played for hours! I even got McKay in the sand, I thought he might hate it but he loved it. However he did seem to stick an incredible amount of sand in his mouth. Once again I had to quiet the inner "germ demon" inside of me. He had a blast, I told his Occupational Therapist about it today and he was so happy he had played in the sand. He said "What great sensory therapy!"

Why is it all kids look so silly in goggles?

It is a super fun park and we have already been back since then. It definitely is going on our list of summer fun for next year!

2 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

You have more friends with great ideas than anyone I know! Hooray for all of your smart friends!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

WAIT! Where is this sand park??? So fun...fb me or email me please...it looks like a blast!