Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas class parties and Christmas sing in

 I was able to help with both Carson and Brynnley's Christmas parties this year! I love helping out at the parties and giving the teacher a little bit of a break and getting to know the kids in the classroom better. I know most of the kids in Brynn's class pretty well becasue I voulnteer in there once a week. For Brynn's party we were in charge of making the cookies and we found a cute idea to make circle cookies into snowmen face cookies. The kids loved it! After Brynn's party we took the extra cookies into Carson and his friends at lunch. They were a big hit!
 For Carson's party we were in charge of games. I found two minute to win it Christmas games that we played. We tossed marshmallow's into a wreath (note to self marshmallow's are a nightmare, so many kids stepped on them and ground them into the carpet!) Then we did a game where you had to use one candy cane to see how many other candy canes you could pick up. They loved all of the games.
I will say that after doing the two parties the 2nd graders were the ones who really took it out of me, whew!
The kids also had their Christmas sing in right before school got out for Christmas break. I went the day they did it for the whole school becasue their performance was at the same time as McKay's. It was fun to watch all of the kids and their excitement. I cherish the fact that my kids still LOVE to do this and love to sing the Christmas songs. I know a day will come when they do not. I had a friend tell me that Carson's excitement was the best thing she had seen all week! The kids did awesome and I loved hearing their songs!


McKay also had a Christmas sing in. I was surprised his teacher was taking on having the kids participate in the sing in. McKay got up on stage in his wheelchair and was not a fan. His teacher took away his I pad so he would participate and he was not happy with that. It was still fun to see him up there with his classmates doing something that the other kids would do!

No comments: