We were very lucky that we were able to have the entire Ford family together all in one house for Christmas Eve night. All the kids were able to wake up Christmas morning and run up the stairs together. I am not sure it will happen again, the kids are getting older and I think new family traditions will be emerging soon. But I am so glad that we were able to have one really amazing Christmas morning together with all of us.
I always so much about if the kids will like what they will get, I of course always watch for the reactions on their face. They did not disappoint this year as you can see.
My kids were very fortunate in that they were able to open presents from Santa, Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, Great Grandma and Grandpa Ford, and from Great Grandpa Hubbard and Deann. So our Christmas morning lasted for quite a while, and the kids were SPOILED with gifts!
Carson's big gift was an I pod, he has been asking for quite a while for one. He also got Skylanders swap force and Disney infinity, both of which he wanted very badly as well.
Brynnley's big gift from Santa was an American girl doll. I can still remember the Christmas when I got my American girl doll, I hope it will mean as much to Brynnley as it did to me. She also got a make up kit, lots of Princess's and fairies, and a flutterbye fairy.
Mckay's big gift was a giant bubble puppy. He didn't have much interest in it but at least tolerated it. I think his favorite gifts were on the ones from Grandma and Grandpa Ford. They got him a buckeye hat that he immediately wanted on and did not take off all morning. They also got him a Bubble Guppies chair that is just his size, he loved it! Kyle and I also made him a book of pictures of all of his favorite things, he really liked looking at the pictures.
A few randoms from the morning
-Reading the note Santa left with the cookies and milk.
-All the grand kids trying out the slide whistles Grandma and Grandpa got each of them. (Wow can you say loud!)
-Pic of the cute boys
-The Grandparents looking at their photo book we got them from Disneyland. (I had to get it done as soon as we got back in order to get it in time for Christmas, but it was worth it!)
After all of the present opening, and breakfast and then more present opening people scattered off. The kids all went to play with their toys, some stayed in PJ's and some worked on Christmas lunch. We had a super yummy Christmas lunch/dinner, as usual the holiday meal at the Ford's does not disappoint.
After eating most of us headed over to the big hill by the Ford's to do some sledding. The snow was pretty packed down and icy but the kids didn't care. Carson and Sadie were fearless on the sleds, Brynn and Tyler were a little more cautious. But they had a blast and we had a hard time getting them back in.
It was a fabulous Christmas, filled with fun, laughter, food, cousins and family, and lots and lots of good memories.






No comments:
Post a Comment